Dr. Mundy heads the TTLF team with over 30 years experience in the transportation and logistics fields. He holds the Barriger Endowed Professorship from the University of Missouri-St. Louis where he currently functions as the Director of the Center for Transportation Studies. Dr. Mundy came to the UMSL from his position as the Taylor Distinguished Professor of Transportation and Logistics at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. At the time of Dr. Mundy’s departure in 2000, practitioners in the field of logistics had ranked the program at Tennessee as number one in the country.
During his first two years at UMSL, Dr. Mundy created and taught two new graduate courses – Supply Chain Management Strategy and Domestic Transportation. During the 2002 winter semester, a third graduate course, Supply Chain Modeling Software was offered for the first time. These courses composed the core courses of three additional transportation related programs now offered by UMSL.
Dr. Mundy maintains a comprehensive specific knowledge of the airport ground transportation industry through his position as Director of the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Missouri-St-Louis and through his affiliation as Executive Director for the Airport Ground Transportation Association (AGTA). In this capacity, he maintains a daily newspaper clipping file on taxi industry issues and conducts two national conferences each year.
Dr. Mundy is also a major contributor to literature. He is well known for his pioneering work in the urban transportation field, but more specific to this proposal are his published articles on taxicab simulation, remote airport taxi terminals, and management of airport taxicab services. He is regularly a featured speaker at both vehicle operator national trade conferences and major airport association meetings. He currently coordinates three national seminars for the Taxi, Livery, and Paratransit Foundations (TLPF) on issues such as taxi maintenance, responding to the media, and marketing taxi services.
Dr. Mundy’s articles include, “New Channel Dynamics: An Investigation of Transportation Services” presented at the 10th Annual IPSERA Conference (April, 2001) in Jonkoping, Sweden, “Strategic Partnerships and Organizational Learning: Using the “Three-Face Model” to Understand Transportation Buyer-Seller Relationships” in the Journal of Transportation, Spring, 2002 and “Basing Rate Adjustments for Motor Carriers on Statistical Evidence” in the Journal of Transportation Management, Vol. 15, 2003.
Research/publication efforts also include two papers entitled “Teaching with Commercial Logistics and Supply Chain Software” by Donald Sweeney, James Campbell and Ray Mundy and “Assessing Net Rates (after Discounts) for Expedited Freight Services” by Douglas Smith, James Campbell, and Ray Mundy. Papers in progress include, “Landside Management in Airports Today” – a longitudinal study of airport managers which is updated every 5 years. This paper is the 5th update; and “Logistics Education at the U.S. Universities,” a written version of Dr. Mundy's address to the Japanese Ministry of Transportation.
In 2002, Dr. Mundy was a keynote speaker at Brazil’s annual National Logistics Conference. In 2004, Dr. Mundy was a key note speaker at China’s National Logistics Conference in Beijing, China. Additionally, in 2005, Dr. Mundy was an invited keynote speaker at Japan’s Ministry of Transportation symposium to discuss the development of logistics education within Japan.
Expert Witness Testimony
Dr. Mundy's expert witness testimony has been solicited on the following cases:
- Affidavit in the matter of Teri Davis d/b/a Dependable Limos v. Miami-Dade County, Florida, 469 F.Supp.2d 1190) 2007
- ffidavit in the matter of Daniel Steiner v. Hillsborough County et al STATE OF FLORIDA, HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY Case No. 8:04-CV-2171-17-EAJ, , 6/15/05
- Affidavit in the matter of CNG Taxi Owners v. CCSF et. al, SF. Sup. Case No. 437229, 2006
- Affidavit in the matter of Clakins v. Nelson, San Diego, California, 2006
- Affidavit in the matter of A & E Parking, et.al. vs.County of Wayne (Michigan), 2004
- Affidavit in the matter of C. H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. vs. Ghirardelli Chocolate Co., File No 1-242-001, (Minnesota) 2004
- Affidavit in the matter of Mariono C. Lozano, et. al. vs. Michael Joseph, G and A Cab, Inc., et. al. (Massachutes) 2004
- “Analysis of Rates and Charges to DeRoyal Industries for Transportation Services.” In the matter of DeRoyal Industries, Inc. vs. Douglas E. Jones, et al., Knox County Chancery Court Number 123937-2, 1998.
Contact Dr. Mundy
Dr. Mundy can be reached via email at the following address: email@example.com